Vault Control Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Vault Control Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Key Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manage the CASS functions of the Common Depository Vault and the daily management of the related physical custody assets
- Ensure that these assets held are in line with the CASS regulations around the safe custody
- Perform control checks on the activities completed by the team around the creation / filing and removal of global notes into / from the vault and ensure that these are completed in accordance with the procedures and CASS Regulations
- Complete a weekly management spot checks on all activities to ensure that any discrepancies are being self-identified and reported accordingly to the senior management and compliance
- Management of both Internal and External audits and reviews around safe custody functions and ensure that any respective discrepancies identified, recorded and managed through to resolution and identify any remediation required
- Ensure procedures remain current and valid to incorporate any regulatory changes or enhancements identified through self-identified discrepancies or from Internal and External audits / reviews
- Act as the chair for the CASS Appropriate Responsible Function within the Common Depository and ensure that all discrepancies from either the physical vault or the books and records are reviewed and through working with the wider CASS Assurance and Compliance team
- Ensure that the correct CASS assessment is being applied and the key reporting is carried out and all regulatory impacts are considered
- Liaison with various teams in the Global Service Centre in Malaysia and Kolkata providing SME support
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in working with CASS / Regulatory control function
- Proven knowledge of CASS 6.2 and CASS 6.6 regulations and strong, demonstrable risk awareness
- Experience in discrepancy management and process improvement required
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage frequently changing priorities
- Strong communicator with excellent relationship building skills for internal and external clients
- High level of accuracy and vigilance a must
- People management desirable but not essential
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000A95H
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.