A tier 1 Investment Bank are looking for a Valuations Specialist on an interim basis, working within their Valuation Uncertainty Risk team.
This specific role is within the Valuation Uncertainty Risk team which is responsible for (i) the cross-product governance of the Illiquid Inventory and (ii) central governance and oversight for key valuation processes. The team is mandated to perform “deep-dive” valuation risk reviews on Illiquid Inventory positions in order to conclude upon overall valuation uncertainty and, where relevant, to raise actions in respect of Valuation procedures or methodologies where further review or modification is required. Reviews include consideration of a number of factors including review of Valuation / modelling approach, market data / proxies and approach to IPV, applicable reserves / valuation adjustments (including PruVal) and other relevant factors.
The candidate will be expected to (i) analyse valuation risks associated with illiquid products across various asset classes and (ii) undertake governance related procedures in respect of the Prudent Valuation control process.
- 2:1 minimum in a quantitative degree.
- Previous experience in IPV or Product control areas is preferred, quantitative experience required
- A strong understanding of the valuation of Rates products
- Knowledge of Credit products is a plus but not essential
- Good analytical and modelling skills to support a valuation judgement
- Motivation to change and improve existing processes
- The ability to communicate clearly the drivers behind risk and valuation trends
- Strong mathematical skills & quantitative skills.
You will be:
- Self-motivated, proactive and an enthusiastic team player, with strong organisational skills
- Experienced in producing detailed analysis to demanding deadlines and clearly communicating the result to senior management, and auditors/regulators.
- A leader of change; with the ability to see the big picture, challenge the status quo and generate innovative ideas
- You should also demonstrate that your approach is consistent with the firm’s Values and Beliefs