Valuations - Director / Assistant Director - London
Valuations - Director / Assistant Director - UKI - TAS - London The opportunity
EY's Valuation & Business Modelling (V&BM) team is a fully integrated group of over 150 professionals providing valuation and financial modelling services to our clients. We work with many of the largest blue-chip corporates across a diverse range of industry sectors, providing insights and quality services to help build trust and confidence in capital markets and economies across the globe.
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Director (experienced manager) to strengthen our valuations team. The successful candidate will enjoy the potential for rapid personal development in a dynamic V&BM team. From the outset they will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across a broad range of industry sectors valuing businesses, investments and intangible assets. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Day-to-management of valuation assignments, leading small project teams.
- Appreciate the context of a valuation by gaining an understanding of the client's requirements and priorities.
- Day-to-day client liaison and attendance at client meetings.
- Keeping the project Director/Partner fully appraised of progress.
- Identifying issues and flagging these to the Director/Partner in a timely manner, as well as contributing to solutions.
- Deliver high calibre valuation analyses and reports on time and to budget.
- Build a network of contacts (both internal & external) and pro-actively support business development initiatives.
Working in the valuation team provides the opportunity for a variety of assignments, which can last from a couple of days to months and may involve working as part of a multi-disciplinary team across multiple geographies. The role would be based in London, but may require occasional travel within the UK and/or internationally.
Set out below are some of the more common types of valuation work you may be involved in:
To qualify for the role you must have
- Commercial - advising companies, partnerships and individuals on valuations, acquisitions, disposals and mergers.
- Taxation - valuations for fiscal purposes in the UK and other territories.
- Intellectual Property - valuation of intellectual property such as trademarks, brand names, know how, customer lists, patents and licences.
- Dispute resolution - valuations for the purpose of dispute resolution, litigation support and expert valuations.
- Regulatory and accounting - including valuations under IFRS, in particular in respect of business combinations, impairment testing and investment valuations.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Relevant valuation experience at a professional services firm or investment bank, within industry or tax authority.
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally.
- Experience of business development activity and the ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients.
- Strong attention to detail in conjunction with an ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An outstanding team player, but also with the resilience and motivation to operate individually.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others.
- CFA/ACA/ACCA or similar financial qualification
What we look for
- Specialist experience in a particular sector/s is desirable, but not essential.
At the Assistant Director level we are looking for strong technical skills and the potential to lead project teams in direct support of a Director/Partner. The successful candidate should be capable of working on multiple projects at the same time, as well as possessing strong business development and project/team management skills. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Build your legacy with us. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.