VP of Global Sourcing
Excellent opportunity as a VP of Sourcing role with leading Healthcare company in London. Job Summary
The VP, Global Sourcing-Medical provides leadership and direction of global sourcing activities in achieving company growth and profitability objectives.
The VP Global Sourcing-Medical manages a team of highly skilled sourcing professionals. Activities include: (1) product development and sourcing; (2) supplier and product management; (3) category management; (4) supplier performance management (KPIs); (5) supplier negotiation, sourcing analytics & should-cost modeling; (6) product RFPs; (7) artwork and packaging development; (8) portfolio risk mitigation; (9) forecasting and planning. Key Responsibilities/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Provides leadership and direction of Global Sourcing Team responsible for the procurement, development of new and existing private label products. Manages objectives and performance criteria to achieve financial and operational goals. Reports to the SVP of Global Sourcing on of achieving goals and objectives Jointly develops strategic sourcing and product development plans aligned with company growth, profitability and global business activities Develops effective working relationships with US and global functional groups to ensure alignment of objectives, priorities, activities and organizational support. Partner with the Trading Company team to identify and prioritize initiatives to reduce product costs, minimize impact of commodities, currency and other negative market conditions while exploiting positive impacts. Develops and monitors financial budgets to ensure spending remains within budget and profit objectives. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years' sourcing experience with multi-national companies.
- Strong experience and knowledge of healthcare products and industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, trends, economic drivers and policy across healthcare.
- Proven expertise in cost negotiation, product management and development, category management, quality and logistics.
- Strategic evaluation of industry trends, developing long-term implications and recommending pragmatic strategies for new business opportunities and developing business plans with a strong pro forma.
- Analytical rigor and ability to structure ill-defined problems and being intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations.
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial models and experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning and price management to achieve financial and operational goals.
- Outstanding communication ability. Can promote ideas and proposals through credibility, influence and persuasion.
- 8 - 10 years of successful leadership experience in managing high-performing teams, and ideally working across a global matrix organization.
Bachelors' degree. MBA preferred, but not essential
Flexible for global travel, where required
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.