My client, a growing US investment bank is seeking someone of VP level to impact the TOM of the regulatory reporting, policy and review function to enable the organisation to reach it's goal of best in practice functionality.
In this role, you will:
- Act as lead Consultant for financial accounting related matters for lines of business and other control functions
- Provide technical expertise regarding accounting issues, regulatory information and research
- Provide technical assistance on major transactions and product development
- Provide data for preparing and reviewing financial and regulatory reports
- Communicate practices and procedures for proper financial control
- Articulate the impact of policy changes to management within business group or enterprise
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with the company's internal controls policies
- Apply extensive specialist knowledge and act as internal consultant/SME
- Lead implementation of complex projects and initiatives impacting one or more lines of business
- Identify compliance and risk management requirements for supported area and may support implementation of key risk initiatives
- Communicate and provide consultation regularly with more experienced stakeholders at the senior Director and MD level throughout the organisation
The right to work in the UK
Experience in Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting, Risk Reporting, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Previous financial regulatory and statistical reporting experience
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting software packages, (e.g. Axiom)
- Product knowledge
- Self-starter; team player
- Communication & problem solving skills
- Qualified Accountant
- Intermediate Microsoft Office product knowledge
- Review of the production of the daily capital and large exposure monitoring for the business.
- Own monthly and quarterly reporting tasks to the Bank of England for the third country branch, including preparation and review of:
- Bank of England statistical returns
- PRA Branch Return
- Play an active role with the enhancement of the reporting using next Next Gen tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Develop and review management information shared with lines of business, and local governance forums.
- Own tasks within daily, monthly & quarterly regulatory reporting required by US regulators.
- Review the above regulatory reporting deliverables to identify and implement improvements to the reporting process, rule compliance, and the reporting control framework.
- Assist in identifying data defects and advising the Data Management Insights team on corrections.
- Assist in the planning, testing and implementation of new businesses and products affecting regulatory reporting as required.