VP Level, Corporate Development, Technology Business
- Excellent base and equity
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Greenwich Partners
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Leading technology business is looking for a VP level corporate development manager. They are interested in meeting people from investment banking, corporate development, private equity or other tech roles. It is likely that you will have at least 6/7 years + experience
VP level , Corporate Development Manager , Technology Business
We are now working with a high profile and well known technology business.
They are now seeking a VP level Corporate Development Manager, who will support the Head of the Team in Europe.
The Corporate Development team is responsible for evaluating, driving, and executing merger and acquisition opportunities, making strategic investment decisions, forming partnerships and alliances, and leading all post-acquisition, cross-functional integration activities across their business activities.
The team works closely with senior business leaders to identify both areas of potential expansion and areas where acquisitions could serve as catalysts for growth. Corporate development monitors the external landscape to identify target market segments and specific companies that can drive meaningful growth. The role is heavy on cross-functional work and involves frequent interaction with business and functional units across the business.
This position is based in London and the selected candidate will be part of a small global team responsible for originating, executing, and supporting acquisitions and other strategic initiatives. Overtime, the individual is expected to become a primary contact in supporting business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations/recommendations, acquisition term sheet and contract negotiations, and both internal and external relationship building.
The position will require a moderate amount of travel and extended hours as required by projects.
Some of the principal functions of the role include:
• Research and identify strategic targets to support business units’ strategies.
• Demonstrate leadership in strategy formulation, deal sourcing and origination, financial analysis and valuation, negotiation and execution across a diverse range of businesses, technologies, verticals and geographies.
• Work with cross-functional groups within the business to take projects from term sheet signature to proper integration. This includes leading all pre-transaction diligence and post transaction integration efforts
• Evaluate synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
• Negotiate key deal documentation to bring transactions over the finish line
• Proven experience within a technology/media company, investment banking, private equity, VC or corporate development, with a track record of taking a transaction from origination to close
• Ability to quickly evaluate a business opportunity, both financially and qualitatively.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to support business decisions.
• Sound business judgment
• Proven negotiation skills
• Ability and desire to deal with ambiguity with a strong bias for action
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and to drive projects to completion.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with and influence teams across the organization including Senior Leadership
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BSc qualified: postgraduate degree/MBA from top tier school strongly desired