A leading European Bank is seeking to hire a general banking lawyer into its Wholesale Banking division in London. The role will provide commercial legal banking advice in relation to their UK lending services as well as providing advice to their European lending business. As part of a business driven legal team, this role would suit a Solicitor seeking to move in house for the first time, who would relish the opportunity to work within the banking environment.
Our client is a leading European bank with an outstanding reputation for customer service and provides an exceptional working environment through responsible banking and behaviours. Many staff flourish and have significant career paths within the bank. The legal team is no exception. Working at this bank offers high quality, stimulating, challenging and commercial work which then offers significant career advancement and offers a healthy work-life balance.
Due to continued growth, the legal team responsible for Lending Services into its Wholesale Banking business is seeking to hire a Vice President of Legal. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing general banking legal advice to the Lending Services activities of the Wholesale Banking team in the UK and across Europe
- Reviewing and advising on general lending documentation including standard LMA documents and bespoke banking / finance documents
- Advising on extra documentation including confidentiality agreements, term sheets, various letters and mandate documents
- Managing risk by identifying off market provisions
Ideally candidates applying for the role should have the following:
- Qualified as a Solicitor (or internationally qualified), with at least 4 years' PQE in general banking / finance, from a highly regarded law firm
- Solid experience in dealing with LMA documentation
- Whilst in house experience (on secondment or having already worked as an in house Counsel) is advantageous, it is not a pre-requisite
- Confidence and very strong communication skills are mandatory. In addition you should be able to build strong internal working relationships and work as a trusted adviser to the business.
HOW TO APPLY
For a lawyer seeking their first in-house role within banking, this is an exceptional opportunity. To apply, please use the link provided or contact James Franklin at Morgan McKinley directly to discuss in confidence.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.