VP International Privacy & EMEA Privacy Officer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
A Senior Data Privacy role based in London sitting with one of the world's most recognised Financial Services brands. The role will involve strategic privacy guidance and consultation, including on new products, marketing and analytics.
This Data Protection role is offered by a leading company operating in Financial Services, the company boasts a brand which is extremely valuable and globally recognised. The company offers a wide range of products and services.
This Data Privacy role is a senior position requiring extensive Data Privacy experience gained in a complex, global environment. It involves:
- Provision of independent privacy risk management across all markets and lines of business - including identification, assessment and mitigation of privacy risk
- Strategic privacy guidance and consultation, including new products, marketing and analytics;
- Supporting the development, coordination and implementation of global privacy program;
- Ensuring adherence to the enterprise privacy risk appetite globally through effective privacy oversight and second line of defence challenge;
- Partnering with Compliance and other stakeholders in overseeing privacy legal/regulatory change management;
- Driving effective management and implementation of global or cross-market privacy projects and initiatives (serving as oversight and providing leadership on the strategy/approach);
- Fostering a culture of privacy by advocating for privacy-by-design, integration of the Data Protection & Privacy Principles, accountability and sharing of best practices.
This Data Protection position requires:
- Experience in privacy risk management and in oversight of governance and controls to manage EU privacy risk effectively; significant experience in a privacy risk management or advisory role dedicated to European data protection regulation
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, with ability to influence across all levels of the organisation and indirectly lead and motivate others to work through complexity to drive results
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to drive key strategies forward in partnership with local and central partners
- Ability to build relationships and mobilise cross functional teams in a highly matrixed organisation
- Strong people leadership; ability to lead a small team, developing and coaching other privacy subject matter experts
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects, both strategic and tactical in nature through effective time management and prioritisation
- Experience working in financial services or a highly regulated industry
- University degree (law degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and business experience