VP - Credit Risk Modelling
- £80k - £110k + bonus + benfits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Caravel Search
- 28 Nov 17 2017-11-28
European Bank is hiring a VP into their credit risk modelling team.
Our client is a private equity owned European Bank, they closely adhere to the strategy of focusing on their local retail market while growing their international business to include all asset classes (currently corporate lending, commercial real estate, portfolio financing, and retail mortgages).
Strategic Risk is a key Risk function within the wider Risk division of the bank. Methods and Analysis sits within Strategic Risk providing analytical solutions and catering to regulatory requirements and modelling. The team in London works in collaboration with the wider Strategic Risk Analysis team on model development projects across portfolios, including back testing, calibration and testing of models and providing solutions to stakeholders.
About the Role
- Support the design and development of Risk Rating models across bank
- Developing quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Ensure quality and controls are maintained to high standards
- Assist in improving and existing model and make sure they are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Training junior quants and non-quants
- Project management as and when required
- Delivering solutions to senior stakeholders
- Strong academic background in a quantitative field
- Programming Skills: R, SAS, SQL
- Proven experience in Credit Risk Modelling (PD, LGD, EAD etc)
- Sound knowledge of the regulatory environment around Credit Risk
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Management
- Strong experience in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint
- Project Experience
- Independent and self-driven, with a strong commitment to high quality deliverables within tight timelines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience on IFRS 9 is a plus.