VIE - Production Engineer
- en fonction de Business France
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Temporary, Full time
- Axa Investment Managers
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €717bn in assets as of the end of 2016. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 22 countries.
The role of Production Engineer is an excellent opportunity for candidates who wish to gain a deep understanding of complex production processes within a quantitative asset management firm. The role provides exposure to all parts of the business including critical areas such as Trading, Operations, Portfolio Management and Client Service. The role is UK based but operates as part of a global team and the role holder will benefit from learning through daily contact with colleagues in California and Singapore. This VIE placement is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to launch their technical career in asset management.
The mission of the Production Engineering team and the Product Engineer role is to maintain, monitor, qualify, enhance and support daily, weekly, and monthly investment processes (Alpha Production, Alpha Quality) and investment platforms globally and serve as the primary contact point for portfolio managers, traders and operations for issues regarding the investment process.
- Implement, improve, coordinate releases, troubleshoot and administer the Rosenberg Equities investment process globally, in close collaboration with the Research & Models, Portfolio Management, Trading, Investment Platform Engineering teams, and develop and support a series of Decision Support tools to enable the Investment Management companies to act upon the recommendations produced by the investment process in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they occur in our Investment Production Systems in order to produce and deliver alphas consistently, reliably, and in a timely basis as well as facilitate the ability of our Investment teams to continuously execute trade and manage portfolios efficiently with a minimum of error and/or interruption
- Identify and resolve, or coordinate resolution of technical issues, investigating, communicating and solving issues that occur between the trading systems and the operational and engineering systems with which they interface
- Configure and/or implement customizations to systems that optimize the workflow for individual users, specific businesses (Research & Models, Portfolio Management, Trading, Operations).
- Undergraduate degree
- Advanced degree or demonstrated skills in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred
- Experience or interest in finance/investments/accounting/economics
Knowledge and Skills
- Object-oriented programming (Java, C++, C#)
- Databases (SQL data modeling)
- Scripting language such as Perl
- Able to work in small, multi-office teams where initiative and judgment are key
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability for proper problem escalation
- Track record of working well (contributing, communicating, planning) in a highly collegial team environment
- Strong ethics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to verbally communicate technical information and explain technical problems and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to identify pragmatic solutions to urgent technical issues
This is a 24 months VIE starting in June 2018.
~~Working abroad as a Volunteer for international experience (VIE):
The VIE International Internship Program, established under French law, enables businesses to give candidates a temporary assignment of between six and 24 months in a foreign country. It’s an opportunity to immerse yourself in a different culture, whilst gaining skills and experience on a real and meaningful assignment.
To take part, you must:
- Be a maximum of 28 years old
- Be of European nationality
- Not hold the nationality of the country where the VIE programme is located
- Have completed the national service obligations in your home country (if any)
These conditions are imposed by Business France.