VBA/Python Developer, Front Office, Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Working on all areas of the Totoro trading and risk system, including the Excel UI, end-of-day finance and risk reporting, regulatory reporting, trade structuring and operations tools.
Department & role overview:
The Global Markets Technology team is a focussed and user oriented development team operating in markets across all regions. Totoro IT within that space provides key and very diverse functions across rates and credit businesses. The candidate will work in a very collaborative global team of 50+, (25 in London) to maintain the system and to deliver strategic change; front office focussed as well the large number of regulatory changes and projects that the industry faces. The role will suit a candidate with solid inter-personal skills, excellent delivery focus and a flair for building technically robust solutions. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on all areas of the Totoro trading and risk system, including the Excel UI, end-of-day finance and risk reporting, regulatory reporting, trade structuring and operations tools, and market and reference data management.
- Working closely with quants, front office and other IT/corporate teams to implement practical solutions and contribute to both tactical & strategic programmes.
- Working constructively in a large team to deliver high quality solutions, and to encourage continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Provide second-line support to the business for both system and business problems.
- Role is open to recent graduates and hence certain flexibilty to their technical skill-set will be offered provided they can demonstate strong adaptability and a keen desire to learn.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Required: VBA, Python
- Desirable: C#/.NET and/or other structured programming environments.
- Derivatives business knowledge is desirable but not mandatory and for those reasons candidates from outside of banking/finance are welcome.
- Excellent communication skills (candidate will be interacting with various functions globally).
- Development tools (SVN, JIRA Maven etc.). Must be well versed in using modern development methodologies.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.