VAT Manager - Gatwick
Job Description Summary:
Our VAT team helps manage clients' global indirect tax risks which, as transactional taxes, can quickly become big liabilities. Our large experienced team focus on indirect taxes as UK VAT, international VAT and GST (Goods and Service Tax), and customs duties. Job Description:
The work we do with our clients is hugely important. They rely on us to make sure they understand the complex and ever-changing tax system. Join us and you'll help manage clients' global indirect tax risks, providing innovative tax solutions and advice to your clients. You'll help them to understand their indirect tax position and better manage their tax risk. And in turn you'll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
The VAT Team:
Our VAT team helps manage clients' global indirect tax risks which, as transactional taxes, can quickly become big liabilities. Our large experienced team focus on indirect taxes as UK VAT, international VAT and GST (Goods and Service Tax), and customs duties. We help our clients understand their indirect tax position, better manage their tax risk, we help improve their cash flow and find efficiencies through better processes, systems and controls.
As a Manager in VAT you will assist in proactively growing the VAT practice and provide a specialist and comprehensive VAT advisory service to all business clients to minimise their VAT liabilities and compliance issues, and to identify tax planning opportunities. Assume a leading role in the development of the VAT team, working alongside the management team to grow the business through marketing events, and assisting with the expansion of the VAT client base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, experience and qualifications:
- builds a rapport with the individual client and develops a clear and detailed understanding of the business and client expectations
- meets clients demands, keeping them up to date with progress and engenders trust and respect
- deals with a wide range of technical issues and client situations
- provides intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively
- writes high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners
- responsible for planning and performing VAT consultancy assignments
- prepares and files ruling requests on behalf of our clients
- acts as a first point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business
- demonstrates the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly
- You'll have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent) ( minimum criteria)
- You'll have experience of managing a sizeable portfolio of tax clients (minimum criteria)
- you'll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- you'll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation
- you'll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.