Unix Server and Storage Services Support Engineer
- Up to GBP65000.00 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Orbis Consultants
- 20 May 19
A Global Derivatives Exchange is looking for a Unix Server and Storage Services Support Engineer to join the team. It ia a permanent role that offers great base salary and other benefits!
Overall Purpose of Role
This role is to provide production support for a Linux estate in excess of 700 systems running RHEL v6 & v7 on various physical servers and virtual machines running on VMware.
The successful candidate will also be providing support to the Storage environment which is a NetApp Cluster ONTAP v9 providing SAN, NFS and CIFS network storage to the Unix and Wintel estate. You will also provide support to the NetBackup infrastructure and OP5 monitoring systems.
- All aspects of routine Linux system administration.
- Ensuring all Linux and Storage systems meet their SLAs for availability and performance.
- Investigation and timely resolution of problems on Linux servers and NetApp storage.
- Ensuring system backups complete and performing ad-hoc restores.
- Preforming security and maintenance patching and major system updates (weekend work required for Production systems).
- Working closely with the Engineering team to help build and deliver new systems.
- Providing technical expertise to other teams.
- Being part of a 24x7 on-call rota for Unix and Storage (currently 1 week in 3).
- Participate with other team members to ensure onsite presence is maintained between 07:00 and 18:00 by working early or late starts Monday to Friday.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience
- 5+ years of Linux support including strong, recent experience of supporting Red Hat Linux (v6 & 7).
- Experience of NetApp Cluster Data ONTAP v9.
- Any experience of Red Hat Satellite v6.
- Any experience of Container technologies, e.g. RedHat OpenShift, OpenStack, Kubernetes.
- Any experience of Ansible/Ansible Tower.
- Any experience of Veritas NetBackup v8.
- Any experience of Nagios/OP5 monitoring.
- Knowledge of SAN Fabric configuration.