Unix Operations – Level 3 Operations – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
The Unix Operations team is responsible for implementing and managing the Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of various products, including hardware, Operating Systems, such as Red Hat Linux and Solaris, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, syslog, etc.), file systems (NFS, AFS and various cluster file systems), High Availability, Virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools. We interact with a high number of customers from numerous business units to generate improvements that ensure the smooth operation of the plant without being hard to manage. We also liaise with engineering groups to set direction for the many disciplines that are part of our day-to-day service portfolio (storage, core infrastructure services and special projects) and create different solutions for the low-level components that makes our infrastructure tick. We interact with many customers from numerous business units as a mechanism to generate improvements to be able to 'run the bank' more efficiently and effectively.
The role is critical to our day to day incident management function with primary responsibilities for:
- Diagnosis and resolution of immediate production impacting issues in the electronic trading, compute and storage plants
- Working with other infrastructure teams including networking, database administration and hosted solution teams for outage resolution, as well as customers aligned with the business users of our plant to determine scope, impact, and appropriate resolution path
- Carry out proactive health & hygiene tasks to maintain operational stability and compliance for risk & control programs to ensure the production environment is not put at risk
- Collaborate with engineering teams to test and certify new hardware & software products
- Collaborate with application development/support teams for proof-of-concept setups for in-house-developed and/or ISV-supplied products.
- Occasional weekend project work responsibilities to on-board new UNIX assets for growth or large programs such as new datacenter build outs
- Ability to read complex code and also write scripts using Shell, Perl and Python.
Must have strong knowledge and experience with Linux, preferably Redhat, and/or any other Linux distributions.
- Strong knowledge and experience of various services i.e DNS, DHCP, NTP, Kerberos, SSHD, PXE, SFTP, HTTPD etc.
- Knowledge of various enterprise server hardware models [blades, rackmount, standalone] networking, routers and switches.
- Must be able to read, understand and write intermediate to complex scripts using KSH, Bash, Perl, Python etc.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Being able to explain technical problem to non-technical audience.
- Available for on-call (1 week out of every 4 - 6 weeks), rotated weekly within the team, and become a point person for any production issues.
- Ability to work in a global distributed team.
- Experience with trouble shooting incidents involving compute resources, network problems, remote storage related problems [SAN, NAS] etc.
- Experience with analyzing and diagnosing kernel crash/core dumps, network packet captures and identifying the root cause of problem.
- Sound knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, Layer 2/3 network design, bonding, routing, firewalls (host- and appliance-based), switches and routers etc.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Knowledge and experience with various server hardware models and vendors i.e. IBM, Dell, HP etc.
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks and tune the system parameters to provide more throughput.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Load Balancing, High Availability and BCP.
- Good understanding and workings of configuration management tools, Redhat Satellite servers, Quattor, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Clustering, Virtualization, NAS, NFS and SAN.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JM1