- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
User Experience Designer, Digital, Global Technology At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements. We currently have an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced UX Designer, to join our Inhouse Consultancy.
User Experience Designers lead product research, strategy, map user journeys, visualise pain-points and model the variety of customer interaction touch-points on which the design of a first-class experience will depend. Senior Experience Designers are able to discover, understand and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers and the context in which these two come together.
SXD Group (Schroders Customer Experience Design Group)
SXD Group (Schroders Experience Design Group) is Schroders first internal design group focused on driving creativity across the firm. We design and prototype smarter services that improve the Schroders experience for both customers and employees. We serve as a consultancy to the Schroders organisation, working on selected short term strategic engagements. Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds including Fine Art, Social Science, Interaction Design, Service Design, and Computer Science.
We are dedicated to beautiful, usable and valuable service experiences. We believe in getting customer validation early, verifying with real data, but also running with our gut. The small team includes UX Design, Service Design, Research, and Prototyping, but everyone owns our vision and values, include the need to build the right thing in the first place, and ensure that it's polished and beautiful when it's done.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and regions and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- Previous user experience design experience, or a recent graduate from a top-ranking University design-related degree
- A passion for creating service experiences that resonate emotionally with people.
- Strong knowledge of design thinking, service design and customer experience design processes and methodology.
- Appreciation of the challenges to utilising design practice effectively in large organisations, preferably with some experience in finance.
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Sketch and InVision
- Knowledge of web & mobile platforms and their capabilities and limitations.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
This an immediate need, so those applicants immediately available or on shortish notice periods will be prioritised.