- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) - EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
Job Title: User Experience Lead
Sub Function: Practice Management
Job Rank : Associate Director
You will participate in a Practice as a Lead for UX/UI Function for the FSO Service Line. Responsible for ensuring that the Service Line operates in an effective and proactive manner in order to provide best in class services to our clients. Working with stakeholders you will help shape on-going approach for all UX/UI Services and resource fulfillment in collaboration with other Service line Leads and the Global Practice Lead. Monitor and review all UX/UI activities both direct and via 3 rd party vendors to ensure adherence to the EY T delivery standards and ensuring delivery success.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ensuring Successful delivery of the services and offerings across our customer base.
- Ensuring that the right level of competency is available in order to drive best in class UX/UI service delivery.
- Ensuring accurate and timely resource fulfillment
- Ensuring that the function is fit for purposed and aligned with new approaches and market direction
- Quality, ensuring that KPI's are tracked and actioned in order to drive service delivery excellence
- Creating an environment of collaboration and knowledge sharing through avenues such as working groups and communities of practices.
- Responsible for all aspects of standards as they apply to the UX/UI function
- Where required, participate in hiring activities and interviews to ensure the correct caliber of staff are brought into the practice
- Ensuring accurate, effective and timely communications across the UX/UI function.
- Working directly with agreed 3 rd party vendors and EY support teams to ensure key services for UX/UI function are provided in accordance with the required standards and in support of best in class service delivery.
- Work closely with 3 rd party vendors in developing, reviewing and implementing new approaches and/or skills to service delivery.
- Working with Technical and Capability leads, ensuring that development plans are created and applied in order to ensure that UX/UI Function is aligned with demand and future trends in operation and delivery.
- Working with all Stakeholders you will help define and drive Quality approaches and oversight requirements.
- Conduct analysis of delivery results on a regular basis to ensure that all deliverables meet or exceed organisational standards and quality requirements
- Undertake post implementation analysis to facilitate Continual Improvement where required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other EY T functions and customers to expedite delivery of IT solutions
- Make recommendations to the Practice Lead on the improvement of UX/UI processes and tools and where appropriate help to establish these
- Where appropriate, participate in the definition of organizational Standards for the Practice.
- Ensuring strong insight to future direction of the capabilities and technology of the UX/UI function to ensure currency and future proofing.
- Understanding and application of EY T D&I principles
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze and constructively feedback delivery
- Adopt a logical and orgainised approach to problem resolution
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Willingness to learn and quick to adapt to changing requirements
- Good numerate / numerate / mathematical ability
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options
- Ability to prioritise personal and team workloads to best meet organisational objectives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of UX/UI function
- Prior experience of operating in a Practice type model
- Excellent UX/UI function experience in a number of methodologies
- Excellent demonstrable experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Good knowledge of end to end Quality management and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
- Motivated by delivery
- Ability to work and team effectively with clients and other management personnel across geographies
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
- Good time management, interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and lead virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Assist in the training and development of staff members to develop their skills and maintain industry-leading knowledge in their areas of responsibility
- Where appropriate, directly and indirectly supervise staff members in the development, implementation, and delivery of services and products to client's requirements
- Where appropriate coordinate and supervise the daily activities of team members or business representatives.
- Where appropriate set priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Due to the nature of the Global organisation, travel may be required
- Bachelor degree in related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- One or more professional certificates to supplement formal education in support of UX/UI function
- Minimum of 10 years' management experience in UX/UI Function
- 3 rd Party Vendor management
- Considered an expert in UX/UI Function
- Demonstrable experience in the definition of UX/UI Standards, Processes and Procedures
- Good experience in client-facing roles
- Experience of working within complex, matrixed multi-location teams
- Experience of working in large programmes of work
- In line with professional accreditations - HFI a plus, not required.