UK Tax Manager - International Bank
This international banking organisation is looking for a UK Tax Manager to join their London Branch operations, reporting into the Head of Finance in London.
This international banking organisation is looking for a UK Tax Manager to join their London Branch operations, reporting into the Head of Finance in London. The role will be based in their City offices and focus on the delivery and maintenance of the tax obligations of their UK branch.
Responsibilities would include:
- Tax Compliance (Corporation Tax, VAT and PSA Employment Tax)
- Build a strong relationship with the HMRC, dealing with enquiries on a timely manner
- Assist in the management of external professional advisors and keep costs within budget.
- Provide initial advice on new products and interpretation of Tax impacts
- Participation in the Deferred Tax in relation to Tax Balance sheet.
- Calculation of income tax provisions
- Calculation of C.A.T.A.
- Maintain a watching brief on changes in UK Tax law with reference to existing products and divergence with EU law
- Perform VAT compliance activities and drive MTD implementation.
- Review new products and new business initiatives.
- Analysis of and creation of robust transfer pricing arrangements and documentation with annual reviews.
- Maintain and update Local file.
- Providing support to Head Office in transfer pricing related projects.
- Tax Reporting to for UK companies for consolidation in Head Office
The ideal candidate will have a broad tax experience across corporate tax, VAT, transfer pricing and employment taxes, combined with a knowledge and understanding of banking/financial services and specific tax issues relating to the sector. Since this is the only tax resource in a smaller finance team, the incoming candidate will need to comfortable doing hands on work, as well as having the ability to effectively prioritise and manage stakeholders from the wider business.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.