To operate a control function for the UK loans business within London. The candidate will work closely with both the Business and the Risk functions to build out the function.
- Ensure that the documentation of facilities are in compliance with the credit proposal terms
- Participating in all relevant Committees from the outset of each loan
- Prepare checklist prior to initiation of each loan, and ensure the relevant departments complete their tasks
- Preparing regular (monthly) reports to Management on loan performance
- Oversee funding process and operational cashflows around new loans
- Monitor the operational flow of cash and securities relating to the loans, including interest payments
- Closely monitor all portfolios, covenants relating to loan agreements using tools such as Bloomberg where necessary
- Compile quarterly summaries of each loan for Risk Committee; performance, key covenants, newsflow
- Monitoring newsflow relating to the borrowers, their affiliates and the relevant industry
- Ensuring that limits are correct and booked correctly in the firm’s systems
- Liaising closely with Risk Department in Russia to ensure reporting is accurate and relevant
- Escalating all issues to the UK Head of Risk, Global Head of Risk and relevant Business heads
- General interest in financial markets, and in particular corporate lending, is essential for the role. However training specific to the role of Loans Administrator can be provided on the job for the right candidate.
- Proven Loans administration experience within a professional services organization.
- Good familiarity with loans documentation and legal terminology
- Solid understanding of credit risk management, including knowledge of financial statements and credit ratings
- Good experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written skills
- Good communicator; open and transparent
- Russian speaker
- Self starter with “Can do” attitude
- Professionally sceptical, with an inquisitive outlook
- Work with a sense of urgency without compromising quality or attention to detail.