UK IT Manager
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn't easy - so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers . About the Role
You will be the Engineering Leader for our Corporate IT team in the UK, supporting an end user base of around 300.
As leader of our local Corporate IT team, you'll be responsible for services including internal global network and security systems, telephony, end user computer, local file and print - as well as the people, process and systems to support these services - managing all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Leader to play a pivotal role in scaling a global FinTech organization in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business. Responsibilities
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Providing technical leadership of local Corporate IT team members.
- Mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building, ensure they are coached and motivated to their full potential, provide career growth/professional development counsel and opportunities.
- Working closely with Senior Management in strategic planning and tactical execution regarding IT roadmap initiatives, financial planning, and compliance mandates.
- Cooperating closely with key stakeholders, especially with local management in Customer Services and Operations, and with our global Information Security team.
- Simplifying in-office infrastructure, internal company system/applications and production services, through effective use of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools wherever possible.
- Managing good relationship with suppliers and service providers for Corporate IT. Developing and maturing strategic partner relationships and seeking efficiency and value.
- Managing risk and compliance requirements associated with all Corporate IT provided systems and services.
- Hiring and retaining top engineering talent, fostering a high-performance culture in teams and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to work in a dynamically growing environment and willing to implement change and scalable innovative IT solutions.
- Subject matter expertise across critical components of IT (e.g. infrastructure, internal applications, IT operations, IT finances and expenses, end user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing).
- Significant experience in operating sophisticated technical solutions with a focus on Windows & Linux Servers, Windows, Linux and Apple Desktops, Microsoft Office365 and Google GSuite collaboration systems.
- A record of success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps that are optimized for agility.
- Deep technical knowledge including modern engineering technologies and practices. Significant experience in high scale Corporate IT environments.
- Proven experience as an effective people leader with a track record of building capability through developing people and optimising team performance.
Start Date: ASAP Benefits
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.