UK FP&A Finance Analyst
Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the UK FP&A team within Retail Finance, based at the Amazon UK headquarters in Shoreditch, London.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, and is detail oriented. You will possess the ability to work well in cross-functional teams including both consumer and finance colleagues.
Key responsibilities include:
• Analysing key trend/variances and production of monthly/quarterly/ad hoc reporting to the UK Country Manager, Finance Director, and Product Family Leadership,
• Establishing strong relationships across the global FP&A community, utilising the network to share best practice and drive efficiency in process,
• Leading and providing analytical support on a range of ad-hoc / cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives,
• Partnering with Consumer Finance, Accounting, FP&A teams to provide analytics and decision support to country FD,
• Ownership of finance month end close responsibilities,
• Co-ordination and analysis of all consumer finance operational planning cycles in UK,
• Maintaining finance controllership by business partnering with accounting at month end and converting key financial information into a business review process with all stakeholders.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Minimum of Bachelor's degree,
• Relevant finance qualification (CIMA.ACA.ACCA) or MBA,
• The ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines,
• The ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively,
• An eye for detail and a passion for data,
• Bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities,
• Must demonstrate proficiency with Excel,
• Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous business environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn