UK Economist - London
Our client is looking for a junior economist to join a top-ranked independent research provider. You will be working directly with the Chief UK Economist and be expected to provide expert backup knowledge on UK Markets. You will be working with a highly experienced and dedicated team and as a result have excellent exposure and Media coverage. In addition to providing additional coverage on selected countries for the UK product you will also be providing core coverage for a newly established global product. Responsibilities.
• Economic analysis, forecasting and econometric analysis with a Primary focus on UK Markets.
• Economic research and forecasts for the UK Market , including forecasts for real GDP growth, inflation, current accounts and other relevant variables for the next two years.
• Contribute to written research publications analysing the political-economy
• Set up small-scale macro models for monetary policy analysis
• Contribute to discussions and research pieces on the global economy and contribute to a new Global product with an award winning team. Skills:
• 2-5 years' experience as a Macro Economist with relevant Market coverage (UK coverage is essential).
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• MA/MSc/PhD Economics or similar
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing firm with an established client base.