UK Advisory Associate x2
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
Currently there is a requirement for 2 AVP candidates to join the UK Advisory team based in London. The UK Advisory team provides strategic advice to a range of UK clients, across a variety of sectors, and executes transactions with a UK angle, including private and public M&A mandates, IPOs, joint ventures and debt/equity capital raisings.
This role is for an AVP to join the UK Advisory team based in London. The UK Advisory team provides strategic advice to a range of UK clients, across a variety of sectors, and executes transactions with a UK angle, including private and public M&A mandates, IPOs, joint ventures and debt/equity capital raisings.
What will you be doing:
- You will be playing a key role within a client facing coverage and execution team
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
- Creation and delivery of pitch materials to help win new client mandates
- Apply technical, modelling and analytical skills to analyse complex situations to provide high quality advice to clients
- Providing support to senior bankers in developing and maintaining client relationships, income streams or new business opportunities
- Collaborating with multiple coverage, sector and product teams across the Corporate and Investment Bank
What we’re looking for:
- You should have a strong academic background (a minimum of Bachelor degree) combined with knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses.
- Fluent in English; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills, ability to package data and information from multiple sources and distil into key messages and conclusions
- Ability to work collegiately with colleagues inside and outside of the immediate team, in particular with product and sector teams in Banking, demonstrating effective teamwork
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Previous experience in Investment Banking, including familiarity with private and public M&A processes
- Apply technical, modelling and analytical skills to analyse situations to provide high quality advice to clients across a broad range of topics
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working:
You will be working in Barclays Corporate & Investment Banking business based in Canary Wharf, London: close by to a multitude of shops, restaurants and bars as well as having good transport links across London. You will be working in a team with a strong work ethic that is committed to delivering the highest quality work product and advice to our clients.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.