As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 250 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial centres of London, New York and Hong Kong. We partner closely with the quantitative research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to providing our business with the latest UI platforms.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to work in our Credit Desktop development team, a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for the front end UIs used by the Credit Trading business globally. The team designs, builds and enhances custom built electronic trading, pricing and execution platforms, working closely with the desk and with core technology groups. Products include corporate bonds, single name and index CDS. Team members are based in London, Glasgow, New York, Buenos Aires, Mumbai and Hong Kong. We are looking for an application developer to help to build out and enhance the existing suite of Credit Desktop platforms and the next generation of bespoke trading solutions.
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists. It requires an expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Credit Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk. The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a front-office developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance. Key Responsibilities
- Develop robust, performant pricing, trading and risk systems including building new applications & enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
- Work across entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate team
- Convert and enhance complex trading workflows into intuitive user interfaces. Understand what makes a performant and desirable desktop experience
- Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and "operability".
- Global Credit Trading business and Quant Research team
- Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams
- Other Credit Technology teams; JP Morgan Athena development community
- Opportunity to work closely with a best-in-class trading business on projects that directly impact revenue
- Direct Exposure to a strategic firm-wide technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes
- Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth
- Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance and/or eTrading areas.
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
- Experience with SCM tools: Bitbucket/Git, Continuous integration tools
- Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline
- S trong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/real-time environment
- Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc)