Treasury & Chief Investment Office (TCIO) EMEA – Finance Projects role - Associate
Treasury & Chief Investment Office (TCIO) has two critical functions, being responsible for the Funding and Liquidity risk management of the organisation worldwide, as well as managing JPMorgan's structural interest rate and foreign currency risks and investing JPMorgan's excess deposits. The EMEA team is centrally managed from London and provides coverage for all material UK and Continental Europe entities (Bank and Non Bank). Activity extends over 35 different legal entities and 50+ currencies. The TCIO EMEA framework is rapidly evolving following ongoing market events and regulatory reform.
The TCIO EMEA business has many day to day interactions with LOB's and other corporate groups to provide a clear and detailed understanding of Treasury and CIO activities and support for Firmwide actions and developments. Key Responsibilities
With the many changes in the regulatory and political landscape the workload has increased for the Finance project team and thus there is an opportunity for an individual to join us working on many of the following projects, Brexit, strategic re-engineering efforts, regulatory driven initiatives and more.
TCIO as a key function and distinct LOB in the region needs to be actively engaged in all these initiatives; we need an individual with a strong Finance/Banking background to assist and drive our engagement efforts.
The individual will be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle from initiation/requirements to testing, implementation and project completion. Daily responsibilities
Accounting Knowledge of the following products used by TCIO is an advantage:
- Draft finance requirements for active initiatives and projects
- Set up of Reference data including accounts, counterparties, cost centers etc
- UAT and LVT testing to validate test packs
- Represent finance on PWG, PCC and Steerco meetings
- Provide SME advice to the business and stakeholder groups
- Money Markets Taking and Placing
- AFS Securities
- FX Swaps
- Repos and Reverse Repos.
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Highly numerate with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent time management, organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently using initiative and ability to drive a project from initiation to completion
- Team focused, with good interpersonal skills and a desire to understand the bank's systems and products.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) an advantage
- Strong Accounting background with extensive knowledge of Accounting in relation to Treasury and Investment Banking Products
- Product knowledge covering Money Market trades, Securities, FX Products and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Knowledge of SAP and CDGL (Business objects)
- Knowledge of JPM Financial Reporting and Financial Hierarchy a distinct advantage.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme."
Closing date : May 21, 2019.