Treasury Trader - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Treasury team ("TRE") act as the Treasury function for the Kleinwort Hambros Group ("KH"), and each of its Banking entities. The team is responsible for the management of each entity's liquidity; in terms of the daily cash balances, the proprietary investment portfolios and the various liquidity limits and ratios that each entity is required to respect.
The team is also responsible for managing the other Market/Structural Risks that are incurred by the Bank in the course of doing business. Specifically, TRE manage the Credit Risk generated by the proprietary investment portfolios, FX Risks generated by client/Structural transactions and Interest Rate Risk generated by the structural duration mismatches of the Balance Sheet. These are managed within the Structural limits and parameters outlined by the Treasury/Hedging Mandates and specified by the Asset Liability Management team.
Finally, the team is responsible for providing pricing on FX, loan and deposit products executed between the Bank's clients (via the commercial front office) and the SGH Bank entities. Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Assisting in the broader Treasury responsibilities, such as Balance Sheet strategy, product development, Asset & Liability Management and Funds Transfer Pricing.
• Assisting in day-to-day management of the Bank's Liquidity, Interest Rate, FX and Institutional Credit Risks.
• Maximising profits from these risks, within the confines of the agreed mandate and risk limits.
• To provide pricing of Loan/Deposit and FX products to Bank personnel, as part of the standard business offering. Summary of responsibilities
• To contribute to the development of the Treasury objectives and responsibilities, involving all areas of the Balance Sheet.
• To assist in the management of:
o The Bank's interest rate risk profile, ensuring compliance with the explicitly defined Structural Interest risk limits.
o The management of the Bank's Institutional Credit risk exposures, ensuring compliance with the explicitly defined counterparty credit risk limits and regulatory limits (e.g. Large Exposure, Cluster Ratio).
o The Banks proprietary investments in accordance with the Treasury investment mandate
o The Bank's FX risk positions, ensuring compliance with the explicitly defined Structural Risk limits, intra-day spot FX limits and overnight spot FX limits.
o The Bank's liquidity risk position, in terms of cash requirements (to cover day-to-day cash flows) and explicitly defined limits/ratios enforced either internally or by local regulatory bodies (e.g. LCR).
o The Treasury activity within all statutory requirements relevant to the jurisdiction and within all defined Group regulatory requirements.
• To provide cover when required for all areas within Treasury.
• To provide pricing of FX products to clients and Bank personnel as required.
• To provide pricing of Loan and deposit products to clients and Bank personnel as required.
• Maintain a close awareness of market conditions by reading market analysis and monitoring market pricing.
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships. Level of autonomy and authority
• Determination of pricing for Loan/Deposit and FX products.
• Identification and pricing of Treasury Investments (within Treasury Investment mandate).
• Determination of tactical Credit, Interest Risk, FX risk positions and management thereof within defined risk limits. Profile Required Competencies
• Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
• Professionalism and Enterprise
• Team spirit and collaboration
• Innovation with focus
• Knowledge of legal regulatory and industry requirements
• Decision making
• Planning and organisation
• Strategic and commercial awareness Work experience
• Treasury dealing experience 5+ years (including FX, Money Market, Fixed Income, Repo dealing and Management of Interest Rate, FX and Credit Risk).
• Strong knowledge of the function of a Treasury, within the context of Asset Liability Management and Structural Risk Position management (within a Banking Book).
• Strong knowledge of the Banking industry in the UK and Offshore (Organisation, Regulation) with particular experience of the Private Banking sector an advantage. Education
• University degree or a recognised professional qualification in Finance (ACI, IMC, CFA, ACT or ACA).
• Knowledge of the Banking industry in the UK and Offshore (Organisation, Regulation).
• Systems skills (Microsoft applications, Bloomberg, Kondor+).
• Ability to use VBA to automate processes Languages
English (Fluent) Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000URW
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 13/01/2020
Date of publication: 14/11/2019