FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Treasury Operations Manager - AVP
My client a leading Investment Bank, is looking to recruit an AVP to manage a dynamic Treasury Operations team. This team is part of the Securities Services group, that provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency, sub-custody and services to the international asset management industry.
Treasury Operations Manager - AVP
My client a leading Investment Bank, is looking to recruit an AVP to manage a dynamic Treasury Operations team.
This team is part of the Securities Services group, that provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency, sub-custody and services to the international asset management industry. The Treasury Operations provides Securities Lending on a Discretionary and Client Directed basis, FX processing, Cash Sweeping and Cash Forecasting.
The jobholder will report directly to the Head of Treasury Operations and will be responsible for the delivery of operational support across a range of Securities Lending and Cash products.
* Leadership of the Operations Team, overseeing delivery of the highest levels of client service, process governance, control and operational performance.
* Review staff performance and inspire teams career development, to include effective development plans, coaching and training, structured objectives and quality feedback/performance management.
* Development of the operational model with a focus on process automation, capacity generation and the on-boarding of new clients and services.
* Continually assess the end to end operating model and the effectiveness of processes and controls, improving procedures, controls, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
* Maintenance of the requirements for the FCA/PRA Certification Regime. Ensure that competence is attained under the terms of the T&C scheme within the required timescales and that regulatory compliant status is maintained.
* Develop and maintain excellent relationships with external clients, acting as their principal relationship contact for the Client Directed Securities Lending service offering.
* Demonstrate effective partnership with all Risk and Control stakeholders including Regulatory Compliance, Chief Control Office, and the CASS Assurance Teams.
* Develop strong relationships within the operational function, the Securities Lending Trading and Product stakeholders and the Treasury Product Managers.
* Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and creating an environment for others to do the same.
* Develop and implement a strategy for the people, service and process responsibilities of the team.
* Demonstration of strong oversight, governance, challenge & decision making.
* Assess the resiliency of the control framework, escalating areas of concern on a timely basis and overseeing the implementation of effective solutions.
* Reduction in year on year CASS breaches and losses through the implementation of effective preventative and detective controls.
* Ensure no high risk audit identified breaches from internal and external reviews. With all reviews completed on time and no adverse comment related to Treasury Management's actions, understanding or approach.
* Ensure that all transactions are actioned in line with regulatory requirements, including but not limited to CASS and MIFID II.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of 5 years industry experience, 2 of which must be at team management level in an Operations function, supporting Securities Lending, Treasury or Global Custody Products.
* An excellent working knowledge of Securities Lending and Cash Management related transactions, including FX and associated regulations, rules and practices.
* Strong people management skills including conducting performance reviews.
* Knowledge of CASS rules and their application to business models and processes particularly in a Custody business or Securities Lending environment.
* Show leadership potential including a having the capability to inspire teams and individuals inside and outside area of defined responsibility.
* Ability to define and implement business strategy, then translate those plans into BAU process.
* Operational risk understanding with ability to identify risks and build mitigating controls across front to back processes.
* Degree level education preferred. Must either hold the CISI Investment Operations Certificate or pass the qualification within 18 months of entering the role.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick