Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Global Investment Bank is currently hiring for an Operational Risk specialist to join their Global Finance Controls team in London. This role is a new headcount for the team and has arisen due a need to strengthen the controls function across the Treasury remit. We are looking for a candidate who has a broad operational risk background from the banking industry.
- Support the Global Treasury Management (i.e. Liquidity, IRRBB and Capital Leads) to execute their role as Risk Owners by providing advice and support on the risk and control position for the Treasury related processes. Identify themes in risks and controls across the regions
- Provide oversight, guidance and assurance over risks and controls within Global Finance in order to ensure that there is a suitable framework to maintain a robust control environment.
- Work closely with the Chief Control Officer, Senior Treasury Management and the Global Process Owners within Finance.
- Set scoping approach guidance for RCAs for areas within Global Treasury. Conduct review & challenge of RCAs performed to ensure consistency across regions, ensuring changes to controls in one region are reflected in another region where relevant
- Review and manage issues and actions across the Global Treasury ensuring effective issue management. Monitor implementation of action plans for issues and audit points
- Support and provide advice to Control Owners to ensure consistent approach in continuous monitoring of controls across the regions
- Provide SME input to governance, risk and control reporting (e.g. Treasury RCMM, Risk Control Committees)
- Provide SME input on change projects and assess the impact on RCAs
- Provide input to training on risk and control topics as relevant to the Global Treasury team
- Currently operating at VP level with Operational Risk experience gained from the Banking Industry
- Proven track record in managing risk and control areas including understanding of use of quality tools and linkages between controls and process.
- Prior experience of driving change initiatives in ops risk e.g. working on global testing capability, controls assurance etc.
- Evidence of having executed a global controls programme with multiple work streams and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal team, wider Finance Community, Treasury, SOX and Risk.
- Ability to provide structure and solutions to problematic areas and constructive challenge on information presented.
- Strong business writing skills and proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience of dealing with Internal and External Auditors is essential
This role involves regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business including C-Suite level and is therefore essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills. The position includes flexible working and realistic career progression opportunities to Director level in the future.