Our client is a successful publicly listed financial services group and global market leader who have been going through a strong period of growth over the last 10 years. 2020 was a very solid year for the firm, revenue wise, with the company also making acquisitions to continue its growth trajectory. They are now looking to hire a Treasury Analyst on an initial 6-month contract (with potential for the role to be extended). Candidates must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a Treasury role preferably within a PLC environment.
Note: While our client's London offices are based in the City/London, most of the team and company are working remotely/from home for the forseeable future.
Either a fully-qualified or part-qualified candidate (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or AMCT)
Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a Treasury role preferably within a PLC environment
Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Well-rounded skill-set and experience covering cash management, FX management, reporting, bank account maintenance, processing treasury payments, etc.
Available immediately or on a short notice period
About the role:
The Treasury team is part of the EMEA Financial Reporting Group within the EMEA Finance team.
The Treasury team are responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cash reporting, cash and bank management. The team works closely with the EMEA Finance team and the Treasury Analyst role reports into the Head of Treasury.
Specifically, the individual will be responsible for:
- Cash management across EMEA entities – update cash flow forecasts daily, ensure funding across all entities, liaise with settlements on balances and overdrafts, manage counterparty exposures, work with other departments in finance to produce short, medium and long term liquidity forecasting
- Process treasury payments – use of various online banking systems to process payments, ensure all payments presented are appropriately approved, accurately entered, and released by the signatories in a timely fashion
- FX management – monitor FX position of bank accounts within the EMEA remit, suggest trades to manage FX exposure risk and manage liquidity risk, execute trades once approved by the Treasury Manager, confirm trades executed by other members of the team
- Treasury reporting – publish daily cash reports, update weekly FCA reporting, produce monthly FX flash and Treasury KPIs, identify and create valuable additional reporting
- Bank account maintenance – coordinate the process of bank account opening and closure, including obtaining the correct approvals, preparing appropriate documentation and inclusion/deletion from the treasury operations systems. Maintain electronic and paper bank mandates, KYC and other documentation as required
- System maintenance – perform regular system maintenance for all online banking and operational systems used by the Treasury team
- Relationship management – build, maintain and develop relationships with banking counterparties, including ensuring FX and other ancillary business is distributed fairly between relationship banks and regular service reviews to discuss operational issues and enhancements to service
- Loan maintenance – track drawings and payments on the Group RCF, calculate interest and commitment fees and ensure accurate and timely payment. Maintain intercompany loan process, including loan relationships for the region, calculate interest and ensure interest and other loan terms are complied with
- Identify and manage operational treasury risks – work with the risk department and Finance Governance to understand and maintain the treasury risk and control self-assessment (RCSA). Regularly monitor and review treasury risks and controls, and continuously endeavour to improve and develop better controls, performance measures and KPIs to ensure effectiveness
- Involvement with EMEA Finance annual budget and forecast processes for interest and cash flow, review and input where appropriate
- Assist with Treasury related projects – assist with the AccessPay (SWIFT for corporates) platform project and other projects as required
- Continuous improvement – ensuring full integration of treasury processes and reporting across all companies, achieving efficiencies, improving processes and reporting across all entities and ensure all processes are fully documented
- General back office administration – filing, liaising with banking counterparties to resolve receipt or payment queries, dealing with auditor queries, notification of dividend transactions and any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business