Quantum, IFRS, AMCT Job title: Treasury Accountant Job location: Canary Wharf, UK Employment type: 3 months contract
- This role offers an opportunity to work on a treasury management system replacement project within the Treasury Finance team.
- Treasury Finance is co-located with the Treasury function and consequently engages closely with treasury operations, cash management, group funding. Due to the highly centralised nature of the group's Treasury activities, working in Treasury Finance provides a unique opportunity to understand the group's liquidity, internal and external financing and financial risk management activities.
- The Treasury Finance team is part of the Group Finance organisation and provides all accounting, reporting and control support for external finance debt (~$60bn), related financial derivatives, centrally held cash (~$25bn) and internal funding structures for core Treasury companies (more than 1000 cross-group relationships and ~$70bn loans). The volume and complexity of Treasury Finance activity demands a rigorous approach to controls and process efficiency, and as such provides an excellent environment for team members to deepen their financial and systems process design, control and project management skills in a high-profile and fast-paced environment.
- Project activity within the finance area, treasury management system replacement and associated general ledger will be primary focus.
- Support to other team members as needed
- Qualified Accountant with post qualifying experience in Treasury
- Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong Financial Accountant with practical accounting experience within Treasury environment
- Prior project experience with Treasury Management Systems (Quantum preferred) and / or accounting general ledger systems
- Prior system test experience with ability to bridge across test, technical and functional activities
- Good understanding of system data models and application of data attributes
- Must be a self-starter and able to work flexibly
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work across business and functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timescales
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Understanding of IFRS accounting treatments for financial instruments and hedge accounting
- System implementation project experience - Quantum preferred
- Chartered Accountancy qualification preferred
- Knowledge of reporting for forex and treasury financial instruments including derivatives.