- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- CLS UK Intermediate Holdings Ltd.
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Purpose – management and effective control of CLS cash and deposits on a daily basis.
Major duties and responsibilities of the job
- Recommending investments based on cash requirements by entity, rates and diversification of portfolio to senior management for approval, and placing funds with counterparties.
- Preparing and posting all accounting entries related to investments.
- Calculating interest from investments, reconciling funds received against expected balances.
- Preparing and posting revaluation journals for Treasury assets.
- Reconciling bank accounts on a timely basis.
- Preparing management reporting information on a monthly and adhoc basis.
- Compiling Treasury Oversight Committee papers including stress testing analysis, foreign exchange exposure positions and investment proposals.
- Managing CLS’s foreign exchange exposures including placing FX orders for spot and forward dates.
- Maintaining hedge accounting documentation requirements, ensuring it is compliant with IAS39/IFRS9.
- Preparation of papers for the CLS Boards and sub committees.
- Assisting with oversight of the Accounts Payable function.
- Cash & Capital management
- Ensuring funding is in place in each entity to meet liquidity requirements.
- Reconciling bank accounts on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Preparing monthly cashflow forecasts by legal entity, using information gathered from the wider finance team and business as required.
- Ensure cash flow forecasts are in line with the business planning team and understand any discrepancies, using this to determine investment plans and capital structure.
- Monitoring and managing funds within CLS Treasury Investment Policy limits.
- Regulatory and counterparty reporting
- Preparing regulatory reports for the Fed and other US government agencies as required including BQ2 reporting.
- Providing information to Treasury counterparties related to FATCA and KYC requests as required.
- Managing the account opening processes with counterparties and building the accounts into CLS’s internal controls and check.
- Monitor developments with ESMA and Dodd-Frank. Act on CLS derivatives trading.
- Ensure all legal documentation is kept up to date for CLS derivative counterparties.
Experience, education and any certifications as necessary for successful job performance
- Qualified accountant with broad accounting experience gained within Financial Services (Chartered ACA highly desirable).
- Exposure, experience and/or understanding of Treasury activity advantageous.
- Preferably trained within practice and moved into industry or banking upon qualification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Competencies required for successful job performance
- Highly numeric with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of processes and controls.
- Able to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Sound commercial judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers and external parties.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce reports and documentation of a high standard.
- Strong team player with an eagerness to work collaboratively.
- Strong Treasury experience gained from practical experience and/or exams.
Personal Characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
- Highly motivated.
- Able to work within a team, encourage collaborative behaviors and create an environment that supports continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic learner with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to deliver under pressure.