Transitions Co-ordinator, Operations
The Business Administration team delivers administrative tasks that span the business areas. This includes provision of an Operations-focused transitions service. Working closely with Client Services and Investment Operations, the team ensures operational readiness for transition date and manages the related update of business accounting records. The team also undertakes a variety of mainly custody-related tasks in support of Investment Operations.
The Transitions Co-ordinator supports the team to ensure that all allocated work and incoming issues are dealt with without risk to the company, in an efficient manner and to the satisfaction of all internal and external clients. Key Responsibilities
- Undertake the day-to-day work of the Transitions function within the Business Administration team (as detailed in the following bullets). Contribute to the maintenance of effective checklists and procedure documents and demonstrate a continuous process improvement approach.
- Undertake the transition service for all transition types (new business, lost business, custody transfers and In Specie Transfers) across the client base.
- Work closely with the Client Services and Investment Operations teams to ensure all transitions are completed in line with client requirements and deadlines. Ensure operational readiness and update of the accounting records (QUASAR) on transition date.
- Co-ordinate the implementation and monitoring of the business 'Transition Control' process.
- Raise, check and authorise transition-related QUASAR stock and cash transaction instructions.
- Build and maintain relationships with client-appointed third parties, such as custodians and administrators.
- Undertake other transition-related support tasks, projects and query handling.
- Maintain custody-related operational records e.g., Authorised Signature Mandate, Standing Instruction records, Non-Standard Process records
- Provide a central contact point for custodian contact where needed e.g., act as custody proprietary system administrator, co-ordinate resolution of Investment Operations-wide custody related issues.
- Contribute to the oversight of any transitions related task that is being performed by a Provider (Outsource Provider, Service Provider or Shared Services group). This includes undertaking the task during business continuity events or tests.
- Represent the transitions function in meetings (internal and external) when required and demonstrate effective relationships with other business areas.
- Produce Management Information and Compliance reporting (and ad hoc reporting to any other business area) for the transitions function to the required standard and within the appropriate timeframes e.g., monthly management sign-off packs, team statistics and trend analysis. Provide input into audit and control processes on behalf of the team.
- Provide support to the other team/department members as required and contribute to key business strategic projects and initiatives.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.