- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
Societe Generale International Limited (SGIL) is Societe Generale's primary booking hub for listed execution, clearing and financing activities within Societe Generale Global Market and a fully owned subsidiary of Societe Generale.
SGIL primarily supports the Prime Services (MARK/PRM) and Commodities Agency (MARK/CTY) businesses, centralizing the booking of the following activities:
• Prime Services: Clearing and margin financing for listed and OTC derivatives (global hub), OTC non-cleared activity of Prime Brokerage clients, Listed FX facilitation, Agency execution for Equity derivatives and listed equity agency execution, Clearing collateral management (regional hub)
• Commodities Agency: Agency execution, clearing and margin financing for listed commodities (global hub)
The entity also supports selected activities for the Equities & Derivatives (MARK/EQD) and Fixed Income & Currencies (MARK/FIC)
• Equity & Derivatives: UK originated cross-asset financing
• Fixed Income & Currencies: UK originated Fixed Income execution
As part of these activities, SGIL holds the general clearing memberships of European CCPs and holds client accounts for both CASS segregated and non-CASS segregated clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• The Transition Manager (TM) provides an additional client-facing layer to Prime Services Clients during the On-boarding process of New Business, ensuring a business-orientated, dedicated single-point of contact is provided to clients.
• The role requires cross-functional coordination of client, sales and operational initiatives.
• TM is liaising with all the different services across SG and providing a project management approach to on boarding from a business standpoint
Summary of responsibilities
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
• Work closely with Origination & Structuring Team to seamlessly integrate new business for Prime Services clients
• Liaise with, and have detailed understanding of, various client types, in numerous jurisdictions, across all asset classes
• Where applicable and as directed by your manager, meet all new clients in person, providing an overview of SG's on-boarding process and timeline
• Lead or participate in client meetings and calls throughout the on-boarding phase
• Provide demos to clients of post-trade reporting / matching tools
• Coordinate all interactions / negotiations between Client and SG teams
• Liaise with numerous associated parties, such as Fund Administrator, Trading Advisor, Investment Manager
• Liaise closely with the central on-boarding team and other internal SG teams involved in the on-boarding process
• Liaise / coordinate closely with trading desks to implement voice trading / E-Trading team for electronic trading requirements
• Coordinate and manage the high-level on-boarding process, ensuring client requirements are fully understood and the highest level of service is provided throughout the important on-boarding phase
• Agree operational and trading flows between Clients, Execution Desks, and Ops teams
• Drive continual improvement in the Client on-boarding experience
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
• Keep up to date with SG offerings, especially new PBC products / reporting capabilities
Risk Management Responsibilities
• Validate and enhance all documentation / information passed to and from Clients
• Ensure adherence to desk manuals and compliance procedures
• Assist in smooth running of the desks and smooth interaction with control departments (Safe, Risk, Legal and compliance)
• Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
• Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
• To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
• Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
* This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.
Managerial Responsibilities (Delete If not applicable)
• Manage the performance of your team ensuring staff have clear objectives and get regular feedback on their performance. Ensure performance appraisals are conducted in line with the firm's policy and standards.
• Establish clear roles and responsibilities for direct reports
• Lead by example in applying leadership model behaviours and in particular focus on conduct and risk conduct behaviours.
• Instil strong risk conduct and risk culture across team and department
• Ensure your team fully understand and comply with internal policies and procedures and external regulators for their role in line with the senior manager certification regime
• Maintain staff competence by ensuring that staff skills or knowledge gaps are met with appropriate training and competence development
• Provide leadership vision to ensure all teams work together efficiently and foster collaboration, to provide the best service possible within areas of direct responsibility.
• Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to the team, thus maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation and morale.
• Acting as a first line of defence performing controls and reviews and addressing any non-compliant situations with the relevant stakeholder (SAFE, HR Compliance and Management.
• Ensure responsibilities align with the managers responsibilities defined in the relevant Sales and Trading Handbook as applicable
• Investment banking/ financial services industry knowledge and experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in a variety of business lines, management and control functions across the bank.
• Ability to be able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure until completion
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
• Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
• Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
• Exemplary professional conduct
• Self- motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
• Capability to prioritize and organize
• SG Leadership Model competence as defined for individual contributors
• Strong senior stakeholder Management Skills
• Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
• Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG).
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.