Our client is a global investment manager, headquartered in the US. They are looking for a Transaction Associate to join their newly created team in their real estate arm. The role reports into a Director.
This role sits in a team of three, and will be fully responsible for all of the European real estate deals transactions. The incumbent will be managing the end-to-end transaction and execution process.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- building key relationships with internal and external teams (acquisition, finance, tax, asset management, external advisors, co-investors etc.) to ensure successful transaction execution;
- driving the execution process and timeline: planning cash movements to reviewing financial due diligence and inputting on SPA negotiations;
- working closely with internal and external deals tax teams to understand and implement transaction structuring;
- preparation of fund flows and related deal documentation;
- proactively contributing to wider team and deal activities such as dispositions, restructuring, refinancing, promotes etc.
The successful candidate will be professional and motivated by a dynamic, high-standards environment. This role requires someone who is articulate and carries themselves with gravitas, given the need to continually liaise with various stakeholders. Throughout their career, they must have a consistent reputation for excellence, achievement and a mindset for self-improvement and growth.
Other skills and requirements include:
- Degree and fully qualified chartered accountant (ACA or CA);
- Trained in a 'Big Four' firm;
- Relevant experience in transactional services in ideally Real Estate, or Private Equity is highly advantageous (i.e. any form of deals exposure through clients);
- Strong MS Office skills are essential (particularly MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word);
- VBA coding is advantateous;
- Strong attention to details and an ability to work independently whilst managing competing priorities;
- A self-starter who is able to drive the process and an ability to think on their feet.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.