Transaction Structuring - Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 17 2017-09-21
Transaction Structuring - Manager
The Transaction Structuring team at EY currently has exciting and challenging opportunities. You'll work with a high-performing, integrated team which focuses on a variety of high profile IPOs and transactions. This growing team focuses on building strong relationships which will ultimately help you and your clients reach their potential.
Our Transaction Structuring team provides assurance to management, regulators, investors and other stakeholders on the design of optimal deal structures. We apply our knowledge and expertise of the industry to provide technical insights and an independent perspective on the needs of our clients.
What we are looking for:
- Leaders of our team who have significant technical accounting experience.
- Candidates that can contribute on a proactive basis to the leadership of our group by designing and executing specific components of our market strategy.
- Candidates that can think creatively to identify efficient and effective solutions to issues and deliver these solutions to our clients.
- Individuals that can work on a collaborative basis across our practice to create relevant and insightful Thought Leadership through publications, external seminars and industry groups.
- Individuals who can build and maintain a network of key relationships amongst executive management at our key clients; consistently delivering excellent client service.
- Candidates that have experience of leading teams, coordinating the teams in which they operate and providing coaching and relevant career progression opportunities to junior team members.
- Candidates with experience of managing budgets and assessing the performance and efficiency of a project against targets.
- Experience of working with or for a financial services company or evidence of an existing network of client contracts across the industry would be beneficial.
Benefits to your career:
- Join us and you will be contributing to the leadership of a rapidly growing team.
- Reporting directly to our partner group on challenging projects, you will have the opportunity to learn and build your knowledge of the industry in a manner that will differentiate you from your peers.
- We will provide you with the opportunity to progress your career at a rapid rate with the potential to take on a future leadership role within our business.
- Our range of services will provide you with the opportunity to apply your expertise to a number of complex practical scenarios and introduce exciting new professional experiences and career challenges.
- You will work directly with a variety of industry experts and financial leaders; providing you with the opportunity to expand your network.
- Your goal will be to help our clients achieve their potential. Our goal will be to make sure you achieve yours.
We work directly with major banks, insurance brokers, asset managers and PE houses to provide advice on designing optimal deal structures and how to effect transactions including:
- Merger & acquisitions;
- Fund raising including rights issues;
- Returns of value;
- Exit strategies including IPOs;
- Joint venture arrangements; and
- Group optimisations/simplifications.
Our work involves close liaison with senior client management, other advisors, corporate lawyers and legal counsel.
Join EY as an Transaction Structuring professional and you will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of service delivery for a variety of high profile transactions.
- Apply your knowledge of technical accounting to develop solutions for EY to market to their clients.
- Develop Thought Leadership and other marketing materials in relation to emerging hot topics and engage in workshops with our clients to discuss the implications of these topics
- Take responsibility for reporting project status and potential engagement issues directly to senior management at the client and the EY Partner group.
- Apply your industry knowledge and use your expertise in transaction structuring to coach junior team members and ensure engagements are delivered in compliance with accepted industry standards.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent
- Professional qualification (such as ACA or equivalent)
- Post-qualified experience working with Financial Services companies either in practice or in a technical accounting function in industry
- Specific practical experience of working on transactions in desirable
- Specific practical experience of regulatory topics is beneficialEY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.