Transaction Banking - Software Engineer - Payment - Vice President
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Transaction Banking (TxB)
aims to bring innovative solutions to traditional banking and lending activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. The Team: Payments
lay at the heart of what we are doing in Corporate Cash Management and our mission is to build a market leading payment platform that meets our corporate client's needs. We are starting with a clean slate and one singular goal in mind: Build a highly scalable, resilient, 24x7 available cloud-based payment platform that our corporate clients can run rely on to run and grow their businesses HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Senior Developer you will be expected to drive the design of critical components in the payment stack as well as oversee the implementation of new features, focusing on code quality, automation and testability. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the vision, understand our product roadmap and contribute to building an engineering culture within our global team. You will be responsible to mentor and help develop more junior technical talents. Our flat structure requires and enables team members to evolve through the entire spectrum of the software life-cycle and closely collaborate with product owners, business and operations users. You must have a proficient understanding of software development concepts. A good understanding of the Cloud and Container concepts is a plus. You will also be responsible to develop easy to support software and liaise with our SRE team to factor in their requirements. We are looking for someone with lots of energy that enjoys engineering challenges and has a passion to deliver high quality technology solutions and is able to operate in a highly fluid, rapidly changing environment. Prior experience on payment systems is a plus RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic qualifications
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Collaborate with global cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new features
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Proven ability to lead engineering teams and deliver complex products with multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience with working on high availability, mission critical systems
- Experience leveraging test-driven development methodologies
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of Scrum / Kanban)
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Experience with Payments systems (understanding of the various payment networks)
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience on Vendor integration projects
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/ Oracle)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity