Trainee for Front Office Junior Broker, Equity Derivatives
- £30,000 + bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HPC London Branch
- 04 Dec 17 2017-12-04
HPC London Branch is a leading emerging markets inter-dealer brokerage firm based in London with a primary focus in OTC and exchange listed cash and equity derivatives markets. The OTCex Group offers financial services in the inter-mediation and asset management fields. With around 200 staff globally and offices in Paris, London, Geneva, Hong Kong and New York, the group reported EUR 100 million annual revenue for the year ended December 31, 2016.
We have an exciting opportunity in our top performing worldwide Equity Derivatives Desk for an aspiring Junior Broker, initially on a 6-month trial basis.
- Front Office Support – while learning the trade, you will be responsible for assisting Front Office with their daily tasks, including but not limited to booking trades, post trade support, relationship with back office and compliance
- You will also be expected to take initiative and optimise internal processes in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness of internal information flow
- Team administrative assistance, especially during the times when the team gets boiler-room busy you will aspire to assist them with various routine tasks, such as expense reports, and anything else required
- Outstanding knowledge of oral and written English is mandatory (other fluently spoken languages are a plus, please don’t mention basic Spanish)
- Attention to detail, and zero error tolerance approach is essential
- Eagerness to learn, initiative, aspiration for growth is very much expected
- Good computer knowledge and skills is a must (knowledge of VBA a distinctive advantage)
- Strong team player, no shrinking violet
- Long hours when necessary
Prior equivalent experience is NOT necessary, but you must be an active team player with great attention to detail and eagerness to learn. We will teach you what you need to know.
The successful candidate will work within a close-knit team of experienced brokers and will have the opportunity to develop and master their analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills that are required to succeed. This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual to become a part of a very successful and profitable team, but you must be prepared to work hard and put in the hours in order to succeed. The rewards are there and we are looking for a driven and meticulous individual.
We want the successful candidate to start at the beginning of January so please send a CV (in a pdf format) with a covering letter if the above whets your appetite! Only successful candidates will be contacted.