* Development of projects across various business lines and support functions including managing requirements * Develop, test and Implement iterative business propositions and prototypes around initiatives in Business Intelligence, Automation and Efficiencies from the use of Data Science. * Identify Revenue Generating and/or Cost Saving Use cases with local teams working closely with the UK and Paris Digital Office teams * Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including users and partners
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Job description:
Description of the Business Line or Department
The aim of our Service Unit (GBSU) is to deliver day-to-day services to GBIS Business Units and their clients to accelerate the transformation. GBSU is organised under the following structure:
A transversal client groupSeveral service and product orientated entitiesA transversal data entitySeven centres of expertise
Within each of these groups are dedicated Information Technology (IT) teams who are aligned with the mandate of the Support Unit groups.
The aim of the IT teams of GBIS is to translate ideas into action by combining the strength of expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking.
IT works to ensure that it delivers the services the businesses need to compete and to serve Société Générale's clients. The objective is to deliver production services in a well-controlled and cost-effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems and infrastructure that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
Delivering IT services and solutions that enable GBIS to deliver its business objectives. Ensuring a cost effective, high quality, flexible and well controlled production service for business applications systems and IT infrastructure (service delivered by RESG/GTS).
Facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory rules, growth in needs, adherence to market business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
GBSU/RPM is a transversal team that support and steer the GBSU dedicated Information Technology (IT) teams.
We are looking for graduate trainees who will be responsible for developing interactive product propositions working closely with stakeholders across the business. As a trainee, you will gain valuable business insight across the GBSU business lines and wider UK platform and be expected to pitch and share ideas in an open fast paced environment that values entrepreneurial spirit.
As a trainee, you will be given responsibility from the outset within a successful existing development team that is key to the development of the UK Digital Platform and our clients. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from experts within their field and to make a genuine contribution to the success of the business.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* Development of projects across various business lines and support functions including managing requirements
* Develop, test and Implement iterative business propositions and prototypes around initiatives in Business Intelligence, Automation and Efficiencies from the use of Data Science.
* Identify Revenue Generating and/or Cost Saving Use cases with local teams working closely with the UK and Paris Digital Office teams
* Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including users and partners
Summary of responsibilities
Support the Head of RPM on the following:
* Capture business requirements and needs across several diverse initiatives across the GBSU teams in the UK
* Work closely with UX/UI designers, Product Owners and IT teams to capture business requirements into product journeys
* Develop Data Science use cases and prototypes
* Improving the client communication channels specifically highlighting SG Markets Digital Services and Capabilities
* Engaging and participating in the various UK IT leagues and communities Profile description:
* Develop iterative propositions and prototypes for business feedback prior to IT development
* Some knowledge/experience with Machine Learning, Workflow and/or Business Intelligence tools/packages.
* Knowledge of API consumption using SOAP and/or RESTful
* Strong MS Office (Excel in particular)
* Creative experience with a keen eye for detail
* An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
* An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Excellent analytical skills, good attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Project-oriented; focused on quality and delivery