Trainee Pilot Onboarding - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department The Operations Department
(OPER) handles the middle and back office functions for all GBIS business lines
(Markets, Financing) and International Private Banking
OPER implements all necessary means to ensure the operational, administrative and financial processing market and credit operations initiated by business lines.
In addition, OPER ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislations.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- The execution of all operations performed by FO
- The first level of control on operations and "quality" certification
Customer Relationship Management on Post Trade: Relationship with customers, KYC, any support during the life of the transactions
Management of repositories
- The steering regulatory evolution projects.
- The control of external service providers
Summary of responsibilities
- OPER/CLM Offer services to business lines to facilitate all the processes required in a new relationship (definition of the customer profile, the documentary collection).
- The OPER/CLM Realize the preliminary audit (due diligence) of the regulated funds and manage the integration of the customers on the electronic platforms.
- OPER/CLM Coordinate the contributors of the OnBoarding chain and monitor the performance.
- Responsible for the quality of the referential data.
- Acts as the single point of contact (Pilot) to front Office Sales and our external clients to enable effective co-ordination of onboarding activities both onshore and off.
- Facilitate the removal of blockages by co-ordinating/communication of issue resolution to ensure the effectiveness of the end to end onboarding process in the promotion of service excellance to all impacted stakeholders.
- Manage and communicate the priorities of on-boarding activities across Credit, Legal and KYC departments globally as defined by the Client Integration & Prioritization team.
- Maintain an up to date overview off all cases within your pilot oversight, covering all aspects of the onboarding requirements (Credit, Legal and KYC) in order to provide transpareny, communication and MIS of onboarding status's to all involved stakeholders.
- Working with sales, Legal, KYC and Credit team in obtaining document requirements for the initiation of on-boarding the client including client outreach where applicable.
- Requesting all client reference data and ensuring the correct reference data set-up of the client in SG systems and application(s).
- Upon client initiation, take ownership of the client relationship as the clients primary point of contact to enhance the customer experience for the duration of the Onboarding process.
- Participate in client service meetings alongside SG RM's to review the ongoing performance of Onboarding activities and chair internal meetings to drive the resolution of key blocking points.
- Provides support to the business in line the specific job details and objectives contained in the Evaluation appraisal and objectives system.
- Proactively mitigates potential risks, ensuring that they act within the best interest of the Company and its clients.
- Engages and works in collaboration with colleagues to reach a common goal to find solutions, ensuring adherence to SG policies and procedures.
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the SG policies and guidelines
- Recognises established policies and resolves and proposes solutions to adapt situations or ideas for improvement.
- Shows pro-activity in the development of professional competences, deliverables and contributions to compliment needs and goals of the Company.
- Provides constructive feedback when suggesting new ideas, promoting simplicity and innovations in a professional manner, and actively contributes and embraces change implementation.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Demonstrates accountability, ensuring to evaluate and improve own performance, actively seeking feedback where applicable.
Working under the supervision of reporting manager, autonomy to be defined and refined under that supervision.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills; to be able to communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in the relevant business lines and elsewhere within the investment bank
- Strong written documentation abilities
- Coordination skills (across and between the teams in OPER and the business)
- Understanding of Investment Banking market activities
- Compliant with confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
- Team player, enjoy sharing information
- Have a strong risk culture and reliable professional conduct.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 19000JD6
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 02/09/2019
Date of publication: 03/07/2019