Trading & Wholesale Conduct Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Mar 19
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
• We require the individual to lead technical client projects and support internal product development around risk and regulatory issues within complex trading and wholesale businesses.
• Support the development of trading and wholesale conduct topics including Market Abuse, Benchmarks and Risk Free rates, FX Conduct, Standards in wholesale markets and Electronic trading.
• Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
• Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
• The individual may also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Good understanding of trading businesses.
• Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front to back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
• Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance.
• Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
• A practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
• Higher qualification in mathematical subject (Maths, Economics, Physics, Engineering etc) (or other related degree) or programming skills advantageous.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience of financial products and front-to-back controls either through working in a front office, Market risk or Product control or consulting environment.
• Risk management experience through within a banking , market infrastructure and/or asset management organisation advantageous
• Experience of regulation impacting banks trading functions - Mifid II, EU BMR, SMCR, MAR.
• Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of technical change management in a trading / treasury environment.