This top hedge fund is looking for an engineer to join their TT / Systems engineering team. This role is very flexible and can offer multiple teams to join and will become clearer as to which team as the interview process progresses. This role will have primary responsibility for managing the real-time production trading environment. It will require deep technical and operational knowledge across all areas of the trading platform in order to proactively monitor and troubleshoot our trading system, deploy changes to our production environment while minimizing operational risk, and implement tools and processes to drive continuous improvement.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in an IT ops role, such as DevOps, Linux Systems Engineering, or Network Engineering
- Fluency in Python and Shell scripting
- Familiarity with C++
- A rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations
- Strong understanding of the linux operating system, including network and system configuration, kernel internals, scheduling, performance tuning
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as routing, multicast, LLDP, VLAN tagging, ethernet
- A deep sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to handle shared operational and periodic on-call duties
- Reliable and predictable availability
If this sounds like something that would interest you, either apply directly or get in contact!