A unique and challenging opportunity has arisen in the satellite office of one of Europe's most forward thinking Investment Managers. Our client is offering an excellent opportunity to join the technical Investment Management Support team of their successful low latency business. They are happy to provide detailed training if someone is keen to transition into such a dynamic application support environment.
The person should have an excellent academic background as the position requires one to be competent at resolving algorithmic trading issues as they arise. It would be advantageous if the person has strong technical support skills such as SQL, any further technical skills like Python or other programming languages being seen as a huge plus.
The hire has come about due to the team growing and the company wishing to find outstanding technical minded individuals who can contribute to their unique offering. There are a broad range of technologies and systems in use, and the candidate will be working with very smart and personable individuals.
Brief role outline:
As a member of the Investment Management Support team you will be:
- Providing dedicated real time support to the 24 hour trading platform used by the trading desk.
- Investment Management Support will be the first point of contact for any real time operational issues firm wide.
- Some issues will be trading critical, others will require a lot of thought and technical skills, both to diagnose and to resolve/improve via incident management techniques.
- The team also manage the software change control to the trading platform and therefore you will work very closely with the trading desk, spending a lot of time with them understanding the interactions with the trading platform, how the various developer teams work, as well as their in-house software and applications.
- Given the complex nature of the trading platform training will be provided through detailed in house plans as well as continued support to develop new skills and understanding required for such a dynamic environment.
- The nature of the support requires coverage of European/American/Asian time zones via a shift rota.
- The majority of one’s time will be spent working European hours but you will be expected to work each of these shifts on a rotation basis, with around 1 week in 5 being during unsocial hours.
- You must be self-motivated, a good communicator and possess the technical skills to provide the desired level of support.
- The position requires real time support and therefore as well as a hands on approach, you will need to be suited to working a fast moving environment.
- Ideally, you will have some transferable experience working in a technical field, preferably Finance, however exceptional candidates from other fields would not be discounted. Those from an Application Engineer, Software Support, Systems Engineer type background etc. could be an ideal fit for this opportunity.
- The company has high academic hiring standards and requires candidates with a 2:1 degree in a related subject.