Trading Systems Support Analyst - Global COO - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 04 Apr 18
Trading System Support Analyst
We are looking for an analyst to be the primary support resource for the delivery of existing trading support application and services. You will ensure proactive operational measures are implemented to prevent interruption and ensure that impact to the user community arising from incidents and issues are minimised through highly reactive, good quality responses and resolutions. You will also:
- Take responsibility with colleagues and support team members for the efficient delivery of the IT function thereby building a positive image of the technology function within the business
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of documentation; Governance Support and infrastructure related activity.
- Optimise the current platforms; adopting standard solutions and processes to remove reliance of technologies not deemed as core (e.g. Microsoft access.)
- Contribute toward service improvements through proposing innovative operational changes and active participation in implemented approved changes.
- Highlighting resource capacity constraints and putting in place appropriate mitigation plans.
- Proactive management of quality issues through development, testing and Production Support.
- Ensure that the BAU support team are adequately trained and resourced to cover shift and application diversity
- Take ownership & accountability for both reported and assigned incidents/issues, Manage/escalate incident/issues appropriately using the prerequisite procedures, toolsets and vendor functions where appropriate
- Ensure that the maintenance of documentation covering Support handover and infrastructure related documentation DR and BCP is covered and correct
- Contribute to the optimization of current platform adopting standard solutions and processes
- Issues Management on Quality issues on supported platforms and systems
- Ensure that process are followed for Change, release and new system deployments
- Experience of asset management products and application life cycle
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience of successfully maintaining positive business and IT team relationships
- Knowledge in Market Data Application i.e. Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters but not essential
- Capable of self sufficient support and management of technical standards.
- PC builds and configurations
- Work hours that are designated within a shift pattern, ensuring that all core business hours are supported.
- Must be willing to undertake designated functions out of core business hours and weekend including Bank Holidays when required from time to time
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.