Trader - European / UK Rates
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a London based portfolio manager / trader for its UK and Europe rates desk. The individual will be responsible for executing trades, formulating and constructing investment strategies in liquid European government bond, interest rates, and derivatives markets. The candidate must have functional competency in all the rates-related linear and derivative products. This candidate is expected to execute and generate bottom-up investment strategies and to manage and build strong working relationships with sell-side strategists/traders. Responsibilities:
Position Requirements: REQUIREMENTS:
- Execute trade orders and manage the firm wide UK book, identifying trade opportunities. Responsibilities involve also working with the rates desk on the pan European book.
- Combine market knowledge with macroeconomic and quantitative analysis to generate investment ideas in liquid UK and pan European rates space.
- Primary focus will be on government bonds, interest rates derivatives, with the opportunity to develop into a broader focus across DM and EM.
- Provide market color and insight to other portfolio managers.
- Apply broad range of skills to ad hoc requests within the broad portfolio management context, assisting across functional areas.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution demonstrating strong academic credentials.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in managing European government bonds, interest rates and derivatives-focused portfolios at a prominent buy-side or sell-side institution.
- Strong quantitative experience with developing, modifying, and using empirical investment models to analyze, compare, and contrast a diversity of market data and economic variables.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good communication capabilities within the team and with other global portfolio managers.
- Highly quantitative approach to developing trade ideas.
- Astute ability to respect, listen to, and collaborate well with colleagues and clients.
- A commonsensical approach to investing.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to succeed in a high intensity environment.
- Low ego, good sense of humor, emotional maturity, and humility to accept developmental feedback.
- Strength of conviction without stubbornness.
- Ability to remain calm and objective regardless of market volatility.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.