Trader â€" Short Term European Desk
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a London based portfolio manager / trader for its European Short Term desk. The individual will be responsible for executing trades, formulating and constructing investment strategies in European money markets, frontend bonds and derivatives. The candidate must have functional competency in trading repo and commercial paper markets. Additional competency trading OIS linear derivative products would be an added benefit. The candidate is expected to execute and generate bottom-up investment strategies and to manage and build strong working relationships with sell-side institutions. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage PIMCOâ€™s European repo and reverse repo book including trading bilateral repo, sponsored repo, cross currency repo and structured repo.
- Trade European short-dated cash instruments including government T Bills and bonds, time deposits, commercial paper and short-dated corporate bonds.
- Assist portfolio managers with the management of short term fixed income portfolios as well as managing the aggregate book of liquidity held across European portfolios.
- Contribute to the portfolio management process with top-down strategy recommendations on European frontend interest rate markets as well as bottom-up relative value trade ideas across and within European money sectors.
- Update PIMCOâ€™s firm-wide portfolio management team on relevant market intelligence and developments.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution demonstrating strong academic credentials.
- Several years of successful experience managing European money market interest rate and derivatives risks at a prominent buy-side or sell-side institution.
- Strong quantitative experience with developing, modifying, and using empirical investment models to analyze, compare, and contrast a diversity of market data and economic variables.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the role description above and are aware that the role you are applying for is either a Senior Manager or Certified Role under SMCR. You agree to PIMCO carrying out any additional screening required under the SMCR regulations for your role.