Trade and Cash Management Trainee - Other job functions London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Société Générale Securities Services (SGSS) in the UK is a business line of Société Générale London Branch.
SGSS is a pan European providers which offers a full range of securities services:
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Custody & Trustee services
- Fund Administration & Asset Servicing
- Fund Distribution, Liquidity Management, Issuer Services & Clearing services
- Operation role to mainly support trade and cash management team.
- Responsible for trade support, trade settlement and client account transfers. These transactions will include UK CREST, International and funds on the SGSS wealth management back office outsourcing service.
- Manages events, positions and resolves breaks
- Performs internal controls
- Responsible for the processing of inward and outward payments in an accurate and timely basis (as per currency and systematic deadlines)
- Journal processing
- Processing of investor transactions in clients funds (Subscriptions, redemptions, transfers)
- Support other business lines within operations as required e.g. corporate actions, income and reconciliations
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Identifies and resolves problems following company procedures and within the appropriate time frame
- Identify and resolves workflow issues and liaise with other internal departments where appropriate with regard to the resolution of outstanding issues ensuring that immediate supervisor is kept informed of arising issues
- Assisting management in the implementation of policies and procedures
- Any other processes that may be required with growth in client base or changes to operating mode
- Involvement in periodic review of team procedures
- Ensure that all client and internal queries raised via email and telephone are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
- Liaising with external agents on specific transactions to ensure highest level of transactions settlement success
- Investigate and resolve stock and cash reconciliation exceptions when assigned
- Provide feedback to immediate supervisor/manager on specific transaction issues
- Liaise with Correspondents to resolve transaction/workflow issues
- Act as point of contact for external agents and counterparties to ensure settlement of transactions is completed.
- Perform pre-matching with both market and client counterparties, as agreed with Correspondents
- Initiate new ideas and solutions to improve productivity, increase STP rates and provide cost saving initiatives
- Being pro-active regarding all treasury aspects of cash management.
- Responsible for FX settlement cycle.
- support of project delivery and change
The role involves SOME autonomy on a day to day basis, but active liaison with the SGSS\SBO\CSS Management as appropriate Profile Required Competencies
Why Join Us
- Operational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Flexibility - Adaptability
- Ability to make Decisions
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Qualities
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000Q7I
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 24/09/2019