Bloomberg's Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company's various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The global Compliance team within Bloomberg's Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are looking for an experienced person to join the EMEA Compliance team in London, covering trade surveillance of Bloomberg's EMEA Multilateral Trading Facilities (MTFs). What's the Role?
Within the EMEA Compliance function, you will work as part of the Compliance team in London focused on the trade surveillance programme for Bloomberg's European trading venues, i.e. Multilateral Trading Facilities (MTFs). The team also plays a role with Bloomberg's global trade surveillance programs, providing support for the programs in other regions, as well as global developments and enhancements. Bloomberg operates MTFs that facilitate trading in a wide range of asset classes, including Fixed Income, IRS, CDS, FX and ETFs. The trade surveillance program is designed to meet regulatory requirements to identify and investigate potential market abuse conducted on the trading venues, as well as detecting Rulebook violations and market oversight of the trading venue.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with regard to financial markets and products, be familiar with FCA and European rules (in particular UK and EU Market Abuse requirements), and be able to undertake market supervision activity, in particular trade surveillance across asset classes such as Fixed Income, IRS, CDS, FX and ETFs.
We are looking for a forward thinking, proactive individual with an interest in technology, coupled with good communication and interpersonal skills, who can work as part of a team with a real drive to add value to the firm. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Conduct real-time market supervision, including surveillance of trading activity on the MTF's, and collaborate on ongoing effectiveness improvements of the surveillance program.
- Surveillance alert review and ownership.
- Adhere to "STOR" reporting procedures, including escalating potentially suspicious activity.
- Assist with developing the EMEA trade surveillance programme to identify and mitigate any emerging risks (e.g. in response to market conditions or new products).
- Analyse the impact of regulatory change, especially in terms of trade surveillance requirements (including updates to policies and procedures).
- Stay ahead of jurisdictional changes and challenges, working closely with Legal.
- Work with Engineering to enhance the trade surveillance system where necessary, conducting testing to ensure requirements have been met.
- Conduct continuing education for Sales and Product.
- Prepare statistics and reports to provide management information, as well as further develop such reporting.
- Minimum of 2 years* experience in a trade surveillance role.
- Relevant experience in terms of trade surveillance programs, systems, and arrangements.
- In-depth knowledge of MiFIDII / MiFIR/ MAR, and the regulatory operations of trading venues.
- Strong data analysis skills in order to facilitate calibration reviews, MI production and ad hoc data requests.
- Involvement in system enhancement testing.
- Good understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: Fixed Income, IRS, CDS, FX and ETFs.
- Strong familiarity with the financial markets, electronic trading, and UK and EU applicable regulations.
- Experience dealing with responding to regulatory enquiries.
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes.
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role. We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
- A real passion for being part of a global in-house team and contributing to team knowledge.
- Track record of operating successfully.
- Proactive and positive attitude, and the ability to collaborate with a wide network of stakeholders.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.