Trade Support Analyst
- Competitive plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
At Investec, we look for those who challenge convention. What makes our people extraordinary is what makes Investec Out of the Ordinary.
Trade Support Analyst
Objective of Role:
Day to day execution of the operational functions for OTC Derivatives traded by the ICIB trading desks and providing full support to the trading desks (Domestic and Overseas desks).
- Ensuring all trades are booked accurately in the trading systems (responsible for IRS, Cap, Floor, XCcy Swaps, CDS, Commodity Swaps, FX NDF, Swaption)
- Additional products managed in the team Collar Deposits and a suite of FX Option strategies e.g. DCD, TARF, Range Forward, Participating Forward)
- Maintain lifecycle events as they arise on OTC positions, including settlement of reset payments, premiums, coupons, terminations and novations and all exotic events such as barrier monitoring. Also responsible for the accuracy of data associated to contracts as they re-fix.
- Barrier monitoring for FX Exotics including a daily reconciliation to ensure internal systems are in line.
- Confirm the accuracy of the trading record by managing OTC ISDA confirmation and documentation. Liaise with traders I counterparties when appropriate and with legal department to resolve issues.
- Swift confirmation matching for Vanilla, Exotic and Bullion Options.
- Clearing & Settlement:
- Manage clearance of OTC trades through LCH, and complete daily reconciliation to ensure cash and positions are in line.
- Ensuring timely matching of all trades in the market.
- Investigate reconciliation differences to ensure internal systems/desks are in line with external clearers.
- Trade Query resolution
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Managers and Supervisors)
- Knowledge of OTC derivative processes and products.
- Understanding of OTC Confirmations, ISDA-based confirmations.
- Product knowledge required – FX, Interest Rate and Equity derivatives
Do you also have the following?
- Ability to perform in a pressurised environment
- Problem solving and judgement
- Diligent approach to work, attention to detail.
- PC Literate
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Process Improvement/Re-engineering
- Experience in Trade Support/Middle Office environment
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
EMIR, MiFID II, Dodd Frank