Our client is a tier-one investment bank with offices based in the City. They are seeking candidates with previous trade support experience to join their Client Middle Office team on an initial 6-month basis, with the potential to extend. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of cash/synthetics products and previous client-facing experience.
- Assume primary responsibility for equity and synthetic trade confirmation exceptions and client service management, with a key focus on efficiency, control and improving the client experience.
- Work closely with global teams and the firm's clients to proactively manage risk and challenge existing business processes on a daily basis.
- Understand and meet the evolving expectations of the firm's key clients, sales and trading desks in order to ensure that trades are allocated, confirmed and processed in a timely manner, with a view to safeguarding the firm's capital and reputation whilst meeting client SLAs.
- Facilitate the allocation, confirmation and matching of cash and synthetic trades, with clients ranging from global asset managers to private banks.
- Participate in middle office initiatives focused on increasing STP to drive sales across the securities business.
- Improve the client experience through quick and accurate trade confirmation.
- Consolidate functions across the operations department to form a broader Equity middle office team.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of recent experience within the middle office/trade support function of a tier one investment bank.
- Strong knowledge of cash and/or synthetics products will be a distinct advantage.
- Previous client-facing experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Degree educated, with a strong academic record.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks under time pressure.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: firstname.lastname@example.org or Samantha van Staden: email@example.com, quoting reference SVS1094.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.