Trade Execution Analyst - Multi-billion Quant Hedge Fund
- Total package: £45k - £60k depending on candidate experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
A challenging Trade Execution Analyst opportunity has arisen with one of Europe's most successful Quantitative focussed Investment Managers. Their ideal candidate would be someone from a Trading background or someone very bright from an operations/trade support background who is looking to move their career into the front office. The person will need to be open and happy to re-locate to the Channel Islands as this is where the role will be based.
Our client are going through an excellent period of performance and so have been expanding the team the past several months with a number of hires. They are looking to do so again and are seeking candidates with a few years experience in trading or candidates with top academics who are un-challenged in their Middle Office roles.
The team are comprised of c.20 analytical and technical financial professionals (many of whom are ex-traders), working with quantitative trading strategies. This hire will be part of the 24 hour Statistical Arbitrage Execution desk, which will give exposure to all major Global Markets. The successful candidate will gain significant Front Office experience in market structures, analysing trading strategies/signals and suggesting improvements as well as exposure to coding.
As stated, it is worth highlighting again that this position is based in their Guernsey office and so it is important that any applicant would be 100% committed to relocating there. A re-location package is provided.
The location of this role may present a hurdle, however the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to gain Trading experience in a globally renowned Quant Hedge Fund, which will further their career immensely. If you are someone who has stagnated in their Middle office position and are looking for further challenge or if you are someone from a trading background who has reached a ceiling in their career, then this would be an excellent path to explore. Plush private accommodation is provided as part of the re-location package and the monetary benefits of working for a Hedge Fund in a ‘tax haven’ make it a very lucrative opportunity.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Improving current strategies and all flow that goes out of the company to the brokers.
- Analysing any underperformance of the current strategies and how to better them.
- Analysing opportunities to expand the company’s current signals.
- Looking at market structures and how the company can take this behaviour to improve the performance of their strategies.
- Troubleshooting and escalating trading critical issues to minimise trading outages.
- Monitoring positions and PnL which have upcoming corporate actions
- Actively work with Software Developers and Quants to improve in house systems and the strategic performance of the fund.
- Improving the efficiency of the company’s process – exchange costings, new order types, new brokers.
- Interface between different areas of the business to implement any new changes.
- Relevant experience from working in a Trading firm, Hedge Fund, Investment Bank or other finance related experience
- Graduated with a minimum 2:1 Degree from a reputable university along with strong Maths grades from A levels and GCSE’s
- Good Excel skills
- Diligent, with a high level of attention to detail
- A competitive 'London' salary is offered, along with substantial bonus potential. Accommodation in ‘plush’ shared private housing is also paid for as part of the package.