Our Client, an International Energy Trading Company are currently seeking an Trade Control Specialist. This Senior level position, will be responsible for all Trade Control matters, processing daily all front-office transactions, in order to ensure correctness and compliance of all deals booked in the ETRM system and for the confirmation process with external counterparties so that the commercial interests of the Company are protected and governance requirements met.
The candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of Back Office best practices and procedures. Experience in managing confirmations in the energy sector both for physical and financial transactions and be familiar with the deal booking and checking in ETRM systems. OpenLink Endur experience within the Energy sector is essential.
- Monitor daily transactional activity including confirmation completion in order to ensure accurate and timely completion and forwarding of confirmations to Counterparties and taking appropriate action to ensure transactions are properly recorded and differences resolved.
- Assist with the resolution of physical and financial confirmation disputes including working closely with FO, Legal and Accounting.
- Assist in the reporting for European regulatory purpose of financial and physical trades.
- Ensure control throughout the trade process to ensure the accuracy of the books and records: monitoring deals and amendments to ensure trades are booked properly and confirmed as necessary, daily reconciliations/validations to underlying documentation.
- Daily reviewing of the brokers’ statements to check that they match with the deal capture system.
- Maintaining party/agreement information within ETRM system.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of process and controls for commodity transactions specific to Back Office activities.
- Education and Certifications:
A Levels and some tertiary qualification in business administration, A bachelor degree in accounting or business administration would be advantagous.
- 5 to 7 year experience in the energy industry or related experience with understanding of LNG/natural gas trading activities, including purchase/sales, transportation, storage and financial transactions, preferably in Middle or Back Office.
- 4 or more years of transaction confirmation and settlement experience is mandatory.
- Endur (OpenLink) ETRM System experience is a must.
· Working knowledge of LNG/natural gas markets, including experience with LNG confirmations, EFECTs and ISDAs to facilitate negotiations and execution of confirmations.
· Being familiar with brokers’ statements.
· Must be proficient in using systems and software such as Windows, MS Office Suite and be comfortable with ETRM system (Endur).
· Must possess good written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with both internal clients of different professional backgrounds as well as external Counterparties.
· Must be analytical and highly organized as well as have a passion for quality and reliability of work product.
· Must be flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment with continually changing priorities and be a good team player.